Latest version of spifi_drv_M4.lib please, and where to download the SPIFI library documentation?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest version of spifi_drv_M4.lib please, and where to download the SPIFI library documentation?

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by rgledhill on Wed Nov 06 11:03:19 MST 2013
Hi,

Can anyone tell me where I can download the latest version of spifi_drv_M4.lib please?  The version that comes with LPCOpen 1.03 doesn't support the latest large serial flash devices, e.g. the Spansion S25FL512SAG devices (512Mbit).

We need this urgently for a project where we've designed a board with this device on, assuming that it would be supported like other members of the family, so it's seriously bad news if we can't get it supported!

What is the largest size currently supported?  It seems impossible to find documentation for this library, including the error codes etc.

Thanks
Richard
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by rgledhill on Tue Nov 12 01:33:38 MST 2013
Hi Noah: thanks, that's a very helpful start but I'm actually after using the SPIFI library to implement the erase/program access to serial flashes so that I can run the Keil file system over it.  It does work fine except for not supporting chips newer than a year old...

Hi mc: I'm using the LPC4357...

Thanks both!
Richard
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by mc on Mon Nov 11 20:21:14 MST 2013
Hi rgledhill,
Are you using LPC43xx flash part or flashless part?  If you are using flash part you can boot out of internal flash and use examples mentioned by Noah thereafter to interact with QSPI flash.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by noahk on Mon Nov 11 19:20:32 MST 2013
Hi rgledhill,

Have you considered using the SPIFI registers to perform the needed operations? The driver is only one way to work, and it seems that it is not supported very well. I've written a blog showing some simple register access examples and I've posted an XIP storage example as well.

http://www.lpcware.com/content/blog/introduction-spifi

http://www.lpcware.com/content/forum/spifi-errata-and-part-version-information#comment-1023028

Noah
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by rgledhill on Mon Nov 11 11:41:27 MST 2013
No-one from NXP can help me?  We really need this update otherwise it's a board re-design!
0 Kudos