cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AN11085 Speex Keil Example Voice.h

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by czmorris on Sat Jul 07 10:20:53 MST 2012
I have been working with AN11085 (The Keil example which reads its speex encoded audio from mail_voice in voice.h)

I am using MCB1758 and the example itself works just fine. It uses the example audio "The navy attacked the big task force, The hat brim was wide and too droopy" example from the speex website. My problem is that I cannot take the wav file example from their website and turn it into data that matches what I see in voice.h.

I have tried:
1.) Using speexenc to encode the file using the sampling/bitrate settings from voice.h. (Playing back the .spx file on PC with speexdrop works just fine)
2.) Directly using the pcm wav data (Clearly too much data when done this way)

Note that a program called hexy was used to convert the raw data after encoding into a c array which can be placed in voice.h. I have confirmed this process works by comparing with a hex editor.

So now that you know all that... I am trying to determine how I can take the pcm wav example provided by speex and recompile it into the program. Once I have done this I can recompile my own clips for testing.

Thanks

-Zach

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by czmorris on Thu Jul 12 11:02:22 MST 2012
Update:

I started from scratch and encoded from the wav example using speexdrop. The sample played most of the way through though near to end it turned into noise and static. I managed to get several other wav files to encode but some of them did not play at all. I did try re-sampling with speexdrop but no luck. I'm sure more reading on speex may clear that up. For the example I also had
to remove the header info at the beginning of the file.

When I get a chance I am going to store the entire file and then create some code to read the entire file and parse the header info.

-Zach
0 Kudos