lpcware

8bit access almost done

Discussion created by lpcware Employee on Jun 15, 2016
Latest reply on Mar 22, 2017 by Mauro Lenz
Content originally posted in LPCWare by marcellus_pereira on Fri Jun 13 08:01:58 MST 2014
Dear ALL,

after reading the documentation, I was able to almost finish the job and right now my display is showing the attached image. Actually it is the message ^Hello World!^, but, obviously, twisted.

I´m using the LPC2387 and my display is based on the SSD1963 (http://www.agte.com.br/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/AGM-0043WT.pdf). I configured the emWin to 16bits of color ( GUI_DEVICE_CreateAndLink(GUIDRV_FLEXCOLOR, GUICC_565, 0, 0); ) and 8 bit access ( GUIDRV_FlexColor_SetFunc(pDevice, &PortAPI, GUIDRV_FLEXCOLOR_F66720, GUIDRV_FLEXCOLOR_M16C0B8); ).

My question is: do I have to write my own custom color conversion routines? I´m just guessing but it seems that the driver is trying to write to the hardware as the follows:

GGGRRRRR
0BBBBBGGG

and my TFT expects:

RRRRRRRR
GGGGGGGG
BBBBBBBB

IF it´s really necessary to write my own custom color conversion routines, it will be usable with the pre-compiled emWin? Is there anyone who sucessfully used the emWin with SSD1963 and 8 bit access?

Thank you very much,

Marcellus

Outcomes