Getting compilation to work with projects outside the workspce directory: linker path problem

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting compilation to work with projects outside the workspce directory: linker path problem

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by robin48gx on Fri Aug 08 02:01:11 MST 2014
Hi

Hope someone can help me here. I want to use git to store the code
I am producing, and git is not very good with symbolic links.
I thus need to store the project outside the ~/workspace directory.
That way my source code can be stored in git, along with my documentation/schematic
and other processor implementation directories.

I have done this and have worked out how to get the include
directories pointing back to the workspace ones (i.e. the c code compiles)
but I cannot seem to get the linker to find the libary files.

I get this:

Building target: MagneticSensor_under_git.axf
Invoking: MCU Linker
arm-none-eabi-gcc -nostdlib -L/lpc_board_nxp_lpcxpresso_1549/Debug -L"/home/robin/workspace/lpc_chip_15xx/Debug" -Xlinker -Map="MagneticSensor_under_git.map" -Xlinker --gc-sections -mcpu=cortex-m3 -mthumb -T "MagneticSensor_under_git_Debug.ld" -o "MagneticSensor_under_git.axf"  ./src/MagneticSensor_under_git.o ./src/can.o ./src/cr_startup_lpc15xx.o ./src/crp.o ./src/root.o ./src/sysinit.o   -lliblpc_chip_15xx -lliblpc_board_nxp_lpcxpresso_1549
/usr/local/lpcxpresso_7.3.0_186/lpcxpresso/tools/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.8.4/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld: cannot find -lliblpc_chip_15xx
/usr/local/lpcxpresso_7.3.0_186/lpcxpresso/tools/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.8.4/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld: cannot find -lliblpc_board_nxp_lpcxpresso_1549
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [MagneticSensor_under_git.axf] Error 1

I am obviously missing something, and need to get the linker to find what it should.
I have been ediing the values using project properties.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Fri Aug 08 05:49:47 MST 2014
If you install the eGit plugin for Eclipse, you can do everything from within LPCXpresso - no need for symbolic links are any other strangeness - it 'just works'.

See
http://www.lpcware.com/content/faq/lpcxpresso/using-version-control-within-ide
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by robin48gx on Fri Aug 08 05:09:18 MST 2014
OK, the way to do this, I was told be resident eclipse guru, was to export the working project under workspace
as a general directory, to the git area. Then import it without copy function. Then ensure its launch to debug settings
are are for nxp (otherwise it seems to think its a linux app).
0 Kudos