cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EMAC / Ethernet fatal buss error

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by bunrockter on Thu Sep 27 14:20:11 MST 2012
I am working on integrating lwIP into my design, and I have been using the files that are provided by LPC. However as soon as I fire it all up and start the DMA & EMAC, I get a Fatal Buss Error & and over flow. The current receive descriptor doesn't seem to change from the initial descriptor.

Does anyone know what would cause the FBE? Obvious answers would be a problem transferring the data, but it is coming out of SRAM, so I don't see why it would fail.

Also, is anyone aware of any errors in the LPC lwIP code?

Thanks,

-Bun
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by bunrockter on Fri Sep 28 22:34:26 MST 2012
I disabled the transmit portion of my code so I could work on one side at a time. Now the FBI is gone but i keep getting an overrun, and the current descriptor is always the starting descriptor.

I have the Ethernet jack of the hitex board hooked up to my windows box, I get a link light and I see activity when I start run my code. However, I keep getting an overflow, and no bits in my descriptors are changed to denote a partial frame transfer.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by bunrockter on Fri Sep 28 18:02:13 MST 2012
Thanks, I'm using a 4350. I set a break point in the ethernet isr, to.check everything, and the status register shows the Bus error, out also shows an over flow, but I assume that is because I stopp.ed in the isr. I was trying to verify that the current descriptor was changing.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by wellsk on Thu Sep 27 16:19:00 MST 2012
Is the error occurring on the 18xx/43xx or the 17xx devices?
And is it possible to show the stack trace where the error is occurring?
0 Kudos