Hi, I'm looking for a wireless pressure sensor

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi, I'm looking for a wireless pressure sensor

guym
Contributor I

Hi, I'm looking for a wireless pressure sensor for the use of monitoring my mountain bike tire pressure.

I'm using an Arduino Uno to communicate with the sensor and it should be in the range of 20-70 psi. I need someone the help me choose because there are just to many sensors to choose from... Thanks!!!

0 Kudos
2 Replies

anthonyduhamel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

We have an integrated chip (7mm*7mm) with a pressure sensor, a temperature sensor, an 2-axis accelerometer plus with a  wireless connectivity: RF transmitter (315MHz or 434MHz) and LF receiver (125KHz). It is usually for automotive but it fits perfectly to your application.

I recommend for bike tires this part number: FXTH870511DT1 .

You can check all the NXP portfolio on our Tire Pressure Monitoring System web page (Tire Pressure Monitoring Sensors|NXP )

Have a good day.

Anthony

0 Kudos

TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Currently we do not offer a complete BTPS solution with a Bluetooth module allowing to send your tires' pressure e.g. to your smartphone or smartwatch.

In terms of a pressure sensor itself, I would recommend considering the MPxx6400A family of integrated analog pressure sensors with temperature compensation, calibration and amplifier circuitry on–chip. The output voltage for full rated pressure (400kPa) is typically 4.8V.

Regards,

Tomas

PS: If my answer helps to solve your question, please mark it as "Correct". Thank you.

0 Kudos