Problems loading TRK-MPC5606 using RappID Boot Loader

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems loading TRK-MPC5606 using RappID Boot Loader

deanhansen
Contributor I

FAB jumpered high, ABS jumpered low, Reset jumpered OSJAG_RST - RappID appears to download RBA (RTL goes to 100%).  However, after INIT shows in status and a couple of seconds later, I get the message: Loss Communications with CCP MCU.  Please cycle power and try again  The operation has timed out

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I have tested the RAppID bootoader on my TRK-MPC5606B board and it works well. Attached is the test example I used. It just toggle a LED1.

Here are few points you should keep…

- you have to select proper COM port as it is assigned to a CDC Serial Port in PC’s Device Manager

- the TRK-MPC5606B contains the MPC5606BK device, so this one should be selected in RAppID BL tool.

Note the MPC5606BK has 0N13E mask, while MPC5606B has 1M03Y mask. Check which one you have.

- if using just the USB to power a board (USB_5V on POWER_SELECT jumpers) once a RAppID bootloader ask for cycle MCU power just the RESET button should be pressed, then press OK on RB tool window. The RESET button can be used also for other power options for sure.

- if you did not change password in the shadow flash then “Default Password” option should be selected with BAM status option “Enabled”

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos

deanhansen
Contributor I

Thanks, you gave me a clue that got things working.  I my haste, I had originally selected the MPC5606/6/7B instead of the BK

0 Kudos