RSTPE cleared at power on = no debugger?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RSTPE cleared at power on = no debugger?

Jump to solution
iancull
Contributor III

It appears that I've permanently disabled one of my development boards running Kinetis KE06Z with the Kinetis Design Studio toolset and P&E Micro Multilink Universal.

I wrote code this after to clear SIM_SOPT0 register, to free up the NMI pin for use as I/O; but writing zero to the register also disables the RESET pin! This code runs early at power on, and it appears to mean that the P&E debugger can no longer access the processor.

Does anyone know of a way to recover from this?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi IAN CULL,

Don't worry, you can recover your KE06 chip if you have the JLINK debugger, and use the JLINK Commander after you install the JLINK driver.

If you have the Jlink debugger, please follow this way:

1. power off the MCU

2. connect the reset pin to ground, and hold on it, then power on the chip

3.open JLINK Commander, input : unlock kinetis

wait until the time out happens.

4. release the reset, power off the mcu and power on it again, then open the JLink commander, it will identify the Cortex M0+.

Wish it helps you!

If you still have question, please contact with me!

Have a great day,

Jingjing

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

1 Reply
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi IAN CULL,

Don't worry, you can recover your KE06 chip if you have the JLINK debugger, and use the JLINK Commander after you install the JLINK driver.

If you have the Jlink debugger, please follow this way:

1. power off the MCU

2. connect the reset pin to ground, and hold on it, then power on the chip

3.open JLINK Commander, input : unlock kinetis

wait until the time out happens.

4. release the reset, power off the mcu and power on it again, then open the JLink commander, it will identify the Cortex M0+.

Wish it helps you!

If you still have question, please contact with me!

Have a great day,

Jingjing

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!