cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect USB Tap to Eclipse 10.6.4

Jump to solution
bob_s
Contributor III

I am looking for the drivers to connect my USB Once Tap to the Eclipse CW 10.6.4 development environment.  Any suggestions?

Bob

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Bob,

we're still using CCS under Eclipse to manage the communication.

Please have a look to:

\CW MCU v10.6.4\MCU\ccs

Have a great day,
Pascal
NXP Technical Support

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
duanemattern
Contributor III

Never mind. I figured it out.  "Targeting_Microcontrollers.pdf"  (CWMCUDBGUG)

indicates that the USB_TAP isn't supported for the MPC56xx.

0 Kudos
duanemattern
Contributor III

Regarding the above discussion, I am also trying to use USB TAP in CodeWarrior 10.6 (Eclipse).  I have run the Codewarrior Connection Server (CCS) console and I can see the USB Tap.  And it shows up in the Windows 10 64-bit device manager under LibUSB-Win32.  However, when I run the new project wizard for a bareboard project, I don't get the "Freescale USB Utap" as Pascal indicated in his post above. 

pastedImage_0.png

So my questions are:

Is this a visibility issue and I just need to somehow make USB Tap visibile to Codewarror?

Is there documentation on using Open Source JTAG, is that viable with utap?

This might all be moot as I'm using a TRK 5606B kit board and I'm not sure if the MPC56xx series is supported by UTap (wasn't clear to me in the UTap documentation).  I have a couple of UTAP devices I'm trying to use before I go buy a P&Emicro multilink universal.   Also, I know that I can use osbdm that is built into the TRK and I have used it to run the board and debug it with Eclipse 10.6, but I'm planning to use JTAG in the production board and a bootloader so I thought using the JTAG now would be a better starting point.

I've used the USB Tap previously on a 56F803 board under a non-eclipse version of Codewarrior, so I believe it is working and the LEDs are blinking appropriately.

0 Kudos
trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Dear Bob,

Did you refer to the USB TAP for ONCE DSC|NXP ?

Are you using TWR or another other evaluation/demo board ?

Under MCU V10.6.4 with the Project wizard we can select the USBTap for DSC device:

pastedImage_3.png

Have a great day,
Pascal
NXP Technical Support

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
bob_s
Contributor III

Hi Pascal;

Thank you for the quick responce.  I was too unclear.  I am trying to find a newer version of the CCS.exe to support a project which was developed on a different computer which I am attempting to support.

In my non-Eclipse versions (for my DSC parts) I have a subdirectory for the CCS server.  However on my Eclipse version I do not have this option.  The instructions say:

For Windows, run the command:

CodeWarrior_Installation\ccs\bin\ccs.exe

This will launch CCS and add a CCS icon (see below figure) to your taskbar.

Double-click that icon in the taskbar to open the command window.

That directory does not exist in my Eclipse 10.6.4 installation.

Regards,

Bob

0 Kudos
trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Bob,

we're still using CCS under Eclipse to manage the communication.

Please have a look to:

\CW MCU v10.6.4\MCU\ccs

Have a great day,
Pascal
NXP Technical Support

0 Kudos