About input the clock with spread spectrum in i.MX6DQ.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About input the clock with spread spectrum in i.MX6DQ.

Jump to solution
keitanagashima
Senior Contributor I

Dear All,

Hello. I have a question about input the clock with spread spectrum via MIPI-CSI2 in i.MX6DQ.

Refer to attached file.

And answer to me.

Best Regards,

Keita

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The MIPI-CSI2 module of i.MX6Dual/Quad processors is compliant with the MIPI Alliance Specification for D-PHY, Version 1.00.00 - 14 May 2009. In particular, this specification says the following.

"The Master side of the Link shall send a differential clock signal to the Slave side to be used for data sampling. This signal shall be a DDR (half-rate) clock and shall have one transition per data bit time. All timing relationships required for correct data sampling are defined relative to the clock transitions. Therefore, implementations may use frequency spreading modulation on the clock to reduce EMI".

According to this, it seems to be possible to apply 1% spread spectrum clock to the i.MX6Dual/Quad MIPI-CSI2 clock input.

Have a great day,
Artur

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The MIPI-CSI2 module of i.MX6Dual/Quad processors is compliant with the MIPI Alliance Specification for D-PHY, Version 1.00.00 - 14 May 2009. In particular, this specification says the following.

"The Master side of the Link shall send a differential clock signal to the Slave side to be used for data sampling. This signal shall be a DDR (half-rate) clock and shall have one transition per data bit time. All timing relationships required for correct data sampling are defined relative to the clock transitions. Therefore, implementations may use frequency spreading modulation on the clock to reduce EMI".

According to this, it seems to be possible to apply 1% spread spectrum clock to the i.MX6Dual/Quad MIPI-CSI2 clock input.

Have a great day,
Artur

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos