Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LCD on Demoem Board with ColdFire MCF51EM256

Jump to solution
rodrigocorrêa
Contributor II

Hello!

I'm new from here and I'm just starting my studies on microcontrollers.

I am in trouble on using the Processor Expert to display a message on the LCD in the Demoem Board for the MCF51EM.

Can anybody help me on this, giving me some tips or any tutorial?

Labels (1)
1 Solution
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

regarding MCF51EM + TWR-LCD demo code, i suggest you download package:

NXP eGUI: Graphical LCD Driver for MCUs/MPUs|NXP

can this help you?

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

3 Replies
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

regarding MCF51EM + TWR-LCD demo code, i suggest you download package:

NXP eGUI: Graphical LCD Driver for MCUs/MPUs|NXP

can this help you?

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

rodrigocorrêa
Contributor II

Thanks for the answer Mr. Zhang

But, I've been reading your suggestion and I realized that it is more like a way to emulate an LCD display, isn't it?

In my case, I have a physical display on the Demoem board, and my trouble is that I don't know how to use and configure it, even with the processor expert. Could anybody help me, giving some tips or tutorials?

0 Kudos
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

the eGUI and TWR-LCD i recommended integrated display RAM and simple serial peripheral interface (SPI) or parallel bus interface. The eGUI supports conventional LCD panels and ColdFire LCD MPUs.

we also have (TWR-LCD-RGB) adds a side mounting TFT WQVGA Display to the Freescale Tower System. It can be used with Tower Processor Modules featuring an RGB interfacing LCD Controller. but it doesn't support CF V1.

CW integrates LCD bean which works for 8/16bit MCU and CFV1, but it is for  segment display. from what i know, there is no other pe component to implement full LCD function.

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

0 Kudos