cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change node-locked license to another computer

jonperez
Contributor I

Hello,

I  would like to know how could I change a node locked license to another computer. I had the procedure wrote down (Rehost in License Options) but I am not able to see this anywhere. Thanks

Regards.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jon,

We don't have a rehost option under the web license.

However there is a process to rehost a license file to another PC.

The rule is to return the license file and to re-generate it.

For details you can refer to the community post:

How to rehost CodeWarrior suite license

Have a great day,
Pascal
NXP Technical Support

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

jonperez
Contributor I

Hi Pascal,

I have followed the steps in the document and generated the new license for the new pc, but CodeWarrior is not working. I tryed to "return" the license from the pc where it is working but there wasn't "return" option, only generate. So I guess there is a step missing somwhere to release the working license.

The product that I am trying to rehost license is "CodeWarrior Development Studio for MobileGT v.9.2"

Thanks.

error.jpg

0 Kudos

trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jon,

CW for MGT V9.2 is a classic version.

We've some problems with the classic version license file generated by the web system.

The IDE key could be corrupted.

I need to correct your license file.

Please can you provide me the file ?

If you want to keep it private we can continue via Service Request.

Let me know.

Have a great day,
Pascal
NXP Technical Support

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

jonperez
Contributor I

Yes, I would prefer the Service Request.

How should I proceed? Thank you.

0 Kudos

trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jon,

This is the process:

Summit a Service Request online:

To submit your case into the supporting system, please follow below steps:

1) Go to http://www.nxp.com/support/sales-and-support:SUPPORTHOME.

2) On the bottom of the page under Submit New Issues, click Hardware & Software.

3) Register with your business email to access NXP technical online support.

4) A verification email will be sent to your account. Click the link embedded in that email to verify your access.

5) On the NXP online support page, select Contact Support from the top menu and click “submit a new case” to start the process.

Please provide me the Case#.

Have a great day,
Pascal
NXP Technical Support

0 Kudos

jonperez
Contributor I

Hi Pascal,

This is the case number: 00064356

Is it everything correct?

Regards

0 Kudos

trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Got it and moved the Case on my side.