cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will KDS handle .s ARM assembly code?

Jump to solution
nirvanauscn
Contributor III

KDS only handles .asm and .S as valid assembly code files, and the preference is locked and can't be modified or added

(Preference -> General -> Content Types -> Text -> Assembly Source File).

For the projects I'm working on, all assembly files are in .s postfix instead of .S, and KDS just simply ignore them.

Is there a way to add .s support?

Is this a feature or defect?

Only Linux is in real case-sensitive file system, both Windows and OS X (can be case sensitive, but the home drive normally isn't setup that way) are case aware, but not case sensitive.

Thanks

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

I've found the following:

Bug 105022 – [content type] file specs should be case-sensitive

Bug 103530 – managed build: File with capital "S" extension not recognized as assembly

Adding a new File types for .s is not working due to the case sensitive problem.

Now the workaround is to add .s types in the project properties.

Bug 278026 – Managed build doesn't work for *.s assembler files

Extract:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

In the meantime I found a workaround for the problem:

Project Properties -> C/C++ General -> File Types -> Use project settings -> New -> Pattern: *.s, Type: Assembly Source File -> OK

I've checked it on my side and it's working.

Have a great day,
Pascal
Freescale Technical Support
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
nirvanauscn
Contributor III

Thanks, adding .s to the project setting addressed the issue.

0 Kudos
trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

I've found the following:

Bug 105022 – [content type] file specs should be case-sensitive

Bug 103530 – managed build: File with capital "S" extension not recognized as assembly

Adding a new File types for .s is not working due to the case sensitive problem.

Now the workaround is to add .s types in the project properties.

Bug 278026 – Managed build doesn't work for *.s assembler files

Extract:

In the meantime I found a workaround for the problem:

Project Properties -> C/C++ General -> File Types -> Use project settings -> New -> Pattern: *.s, Type: Assembly Source File -> OK

I've checked it on my side and it's working.

Have a great day,
Pascal
Freescale Technical Support
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos