cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMPF0100 PMIC default configuration

Jump to solution
JHY
Contributor IV

In case of many PMICs, I saw, default output is 0V and they are controled by MCU.

But PF0100 has default configuration for example SW2_VOLT = 3.0V.

Is there a reason for default outputs of PF0100?

If default outputs are 0V, they can apply any other systems but it is hard work to do for that reason.

Best regards.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi JHY

PF0100 PMICs were designed specially for i.MX6 processors

family, this defines default values outputs of PF0100.

Best regards

igor

View solution in original post

2 Replies
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi JHY

PF0100 PMICs were designed specially for i.MX6 processors

family, this defines default values outputs of PF0100.

Best regards

igor

art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please refer to the Section 6.1 of the MMPF0100 Data Sheet document. It clearly says the following.

"The PF0100 can be configured to start-up from either the internal OTP configuration, or with a hard-coded configuration built in to the device. The internal hard-coded configuration is enabled by connecting the VDDOTP pin to VCOREDIG through a 100 kohm resistor. The OTP configuration is enabled by connecting VDDOTP to GND.

For NP devices, selecting the OTP configuration causes the PF0100 to not start-up. However, the PF0100 can be controlled through the I2C port for prototyping and programming. Once programmed, the NP device will startup with the customer programmed configuration".

So, most likely, you are using a NP device, configured to start up with OTP configuration. Please check.

Have a great day,
Artur

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------