Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UART FIFO SIZE

Jump to solution
peterruesch
Contributor IV

Hi,

using EmbSysRegView in Processor Expert, I suspect the UART{0,1} RX/TX FIFO size on my part (MK65) is 8 Byte. The other UARTS don't have a FIFO.

in what documents from Freescale can I find such information?

The Datasheet is not giving a single search hit for "fifo"...

and the reference manual states " See the Chip Configuration details for more information on the FIFO size supported for each UART instance"...

Where is this frequently referenced "Chip Configuration details" Document???

1 Solution
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Peter:

The FIFO sizes are defined at the beginning of the UART chapter in the Reference Manual, in points 5 and 6, see below:

K65_UART_FIFOs.png

Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Peter:

The FIFO sizes are defined at the beginning of the UART chapter in the Reference Manual, in points 5 and 6, see below:

K65_UART_FIFOs.png

Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!