Kinetis USB CDC driver supported on Windows8, Windows10

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kinetis USB CDC driver supported on Windows8, Windows10

isaotakashima
Contributor IV

We used the KL25 and implemented USB CDC to connect with the PC.

We understand that the CDC driver (attached fsl_ucwxp.inf) can work on Windows 7 32-bit and 64-bit.

How about Windows 8 and Windows 10?

Is this CDC driver (fsl_ucwxp.inf) can work on Windows 8 and Windows 10?

Please advise as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Takashima

Original Attachment has been moved to: fsl_ucwxp.inf.zip

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
7 Replies

nelsonlobo
Contributor II

Hi Takashima-san,

Im operating the FRDM-KL25Z in debug mode using the code available here:

C:\Freescale\KSDK_1.2.0\examples\frdmkl25z\demo_apps\usb\device\cdc\virtual_com\bm

Well you "may" be prompted for xxx.inf file. In my case it was detected in device manager as USB Serial Device(COM3).

It works well for me using the demo code on Window 10 32-bit OS.

Checked the same using tera-term for loopback.

Regards,

Nelson

0 Kudos

isaotakashima
Contributor IV

Thank you for your reply.

I heard that Windows 10 64-bit edition require Digital Signatures, therefore we cannot install the Freescale's USB CDC driver if it does not have digital signatures.

Please let us know whether the Freescale's USB CDC driver has digital signatures or not.

Best regards,

Takashima

figoxwm
Contributor I

hello.

I got your message,it was very useful,In fact, this is not a solution to the problem, it may be a bit more difficult for customers,I hope the  Freescale provide a good driver

0 Kudos

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello figo:

You may find useful the next discussions in community:

Re: K60 - USB Driver Signing for Windows 8

Re: USB Certification

Basically Freescale provides "demo projects" with an INF file using Freescale's VID/PID. It is customer's responsibility to get their own PID/VID and get the INF file certified by Microsoft for the end product.

I hope this helps.

Regards!

Jorge Gonzalez

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Takashima-san,

I do not have Windows 10, but I can tell that the attached cdc .inf file I use works on Windows 7 and Windows 8 (see http://mcuoneclipse.com/2012/10/07/tutorial-usb-cdc-with-the-kl25z-freedom-board/ ). I don't see a reason why it should not work on Windows 10. The only thing is that you might need to enable installation unsigned drivers (simply google for that, and you should find plenty of tutorials).

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos

figoxwm
Contributor I

hi erich styger

Have you test the cdc.inf on windows8.1 64bit system? My customer installing the driver fails,I think the driver was  need Microsoft's digital signature authentication.do you have to good idea? I don't think to tell your customer to enable installation unsigned drivers is a good way

0 Kudos