cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kinetis K40 using GPIO as supply and current capability

Jump to solution
lucianomoraes
Contributor I

Hi, I want to use a GPIO of the Kinetis K40 as specific supply for other ic but I didn't find a list of the GPIOs that can be used as supply (all GPIOs can be used as supply pins or only some GPIOs have a internal charge pump for it?) and the specification of the GPIO pin on supply mode mainly current capability and voltage range operation in the referece manual. Someone can point me where can I find this info?

Thanks,

Luciano.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

K40 GPIO pins provide two drive strength: high drive strength and low drive strength.

Please check below table to find the drive strength capability:

GPIO Drive.png

The GPIO pin could provide drive current about 9mA.

If customer want to use GPIO pin to drive as power supply, I don't think GPIO pin could provide enough drive current.

The K40 provides USB voltage regulator, which could output 3.3V with Max. 120mA drive current at VOUT33 pin.

Wish it helps.

Have a great day,
Ma Hui

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

K40 GPIO pins provide two drive strength: high drive strength and low drive strength.

Please check below table to find the drive strength capability:

GPIO Drive.png

The GPIO pin could provide drive current about 9mA.

If customer want to use GPIO pin to drive as power supply, I don't think GPIO pin could provide enough drive current.

The K40 provides USB voltage regulator, which could output 3.3V with Max. 120mA drive current at VOUT33 pin.

Wish it helps.

Have a great day,
Ma Hui

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
lucianomoraes
Contributor I

Thanks, your help, Hui_Ma and Jorge_Gonza!

0 Kudos