hello everyone, recently i have bought frdm kl-46z board. but i got a problem loading driver for win 8.1.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hello everyone, recently i have bought frdm kl-46z board. but i got a problem loading driver for win 8.1.

abhaybhanushali
Contributor I

I have tried all stuffs to resolve it...

but i still got that problem.The board gives an error as mention in OpenSdaAUG pdf .

whatsoever it blinks with 8 fast beeps and 2 sec pause.

what to do?

thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi abhay bhanushali,

About the question of win8.2, P&E Micro already give the solution:

Issue: Bootloader versions 1.10 and earlier are not allowing firmware update and MSD FLASH programming on ...

Solution: Support for Windows 8/8.1, MacOS and Linux operating systems was added to Bootloader version 1.11 and MSD firmware version 1.14. Please make sure that your board is programmed with Bootloader version 1.11 or higher prior to attempting to update your OpenSDA board with a new firmware application.

Important: If you are currently running Bootloader version 1.10 or earlier, you will need to find a Windows XP or Windows 7 PC to perform this update.

Please follow these steps to find out what version of Bootloader your board is programmed with:

1. Start your board in Bootloader mode by holding down the RESET button prior to plugging it into USB port.
  2. Open the SDA_INFO.HTM file, which will contain version numbers of Bootloader as well name and version of current OpenSDA firmware you are using. If your board is not running Bootloader version 1.11 or higher, please download the latest OpenSDA Firmware Apps from P&E website and follow instructions in corresponding documentation to update the Bootloader using the BOOTUPDATEAPP_Pemicro_v111.SDA application. Once the Bootloader is updated via BOOTUPDATEAPP, the OpenSDA board can then be upgraded to the latest combined MSD/DEBUG OpenSDA firmware 1.14 or greater.

The firmware Firmware Apps and driver PEDrivers_install.exe of FRDM KL46, please download it from this link:

P&E Microcomputer Systems

I hope it can help you!

If you still have question, please contact me!

Have a great day,
Jingjing

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

bobpaddock
Senior Contributor III

Prevent System Volume Information folder creation on USB

from Windows 8.x.  This 'feature' of Windows 8.x confuses embedded devices and needs turned off.

0 Kudos

abhaybhanushali
Contributor I

thank u ..

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Did you solved the problem after update the bootloader in window7?

0 Kudos