What to do with SoloX unused digital pins?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to do with SoloX unused digital pins?

ScottKerstein
Contributor III

Hello,

I’m wondering what to do with unused digital pins.  For example, if using 1 of the 4 SD card interfaces, is it okay to leave all those unused pins floating?  The note found in the reference manual was “All digital I/O supplies (NVCC_xxxx) must be powered under normal conditions whether the associated I/O pins are in use or not and associated IO pins need to have a Pullup or Pulldown resistor applied to limit any floating gate current.”

Which would imply to add external pulldown resistors to all unused digital pins, but it's not clear if there are internal resistors.  I don’t see anything in the hardware guide about this.  What value should be used?

Thanks in advance,

Scott

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

BiyongSUN
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You can find in the

datasheet IMX6SXAEC.pdf

6.2 19x19 mm Package Information

6.2.1 19x19 mm, 0.8 mm Pitch, 23x23 Ball Matrix

Untitled.png

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Scott

they can be left unconnected, pull-ups (like 100K Ohm Pull Up) can be configured

using registers (IOMUXC_SW_PAD_CTL_PAD_xx, found in

Chapter 35 IOMUX Controller (IOMUXC) i.MX6SX Reference Manual (rev.0  2/2015)

http://cache.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/ref_manual/IMX6SXRM.pdf

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos