cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[MC13213] - Zigbee nwkNeighborTable update

CecchiSandrone
Contributor II
Hi all,

I don't understand how nwkNeighborTable is updated by network layer. For example I'm seriously interested in the value of LQI field; from Zigbee specifications (3.7.1.4 page 341): "A table entry shall be updated every time a device receives any frame from the corresponding neighbor". But from what I see the LQI field remains the same even if I move the neighbor away from the device. In particular, for ZC the value is always FF, while for ZR the value is relative to the instant when the child joins network

Message Edited by Cecchi Sandrone on 2007-12-17 05:44 PM
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

zoz
Contributor I
I have the same problem ... :smileysad: Could you solve it somehow? How can we make the stack updating the neighbor table? If the stack does not update the neighbor table, it does not meet the ZigBee Specification.
0 Kudos

CecchiSandrone
Contributor II
Yes zoz, I think it too. However it seems that this problem will be fixed in the next release of the stack.
0 Kudos

Mads
Contributor V
Cecchi,
the easiest way for you to check the link quality of a node is in the APSDE-Data.indication.

Just check the following in the BeeAppIndication() :

uint8_t CurrentLqi;

CurrentLqi = pMsg->msgData.dataIndication.linkQuality

This will allow you to read the lqi the packet was received with.

Br,
Mads
0 Kudos

CecchiSandrone
Contributor II
Yes Mads, I know this. But for my application can be useful to retrieve LQI of neighbor links, all in one time from nwkNeighborTable. I can't understand when this table is updated.
0 Kudos