cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchronous NAND Flash Compatibility with MPC8308

venkateshn
Contributor II

Hi,

i am planning to interface 16GB NAND flash to MPC8308 through FCM (Flash Control Machine ) kindly let me know the compatibility of Synchronous NAND FLASH.

Regards,

venkatesh N

0 Kudos
3 Replies

venkateshn
Contributor II

Hi Serguei Podiatchev​,

Thanks for your replay,

i have 2 more clarifications,

1) Can you suggest me the MMC on board chip (not Socket mountable) which is compatible to eSDHC (Specification version 4) of MPC8308, i gone through MICRON there i can able to get eMMC chip with version 4.4, 4.4.1 and 4.5.

2) Can you share me the reference design of DDR2 SDRAM with ECC 8bit.

3) In MPC8308 DDR2 Controller i am using 16bit data bus out of  32bit bus width having density 64MB, leaving 16 bit data bus open will create any problem.

Regards,

Venkatesh N

0 Kudos

r8070z
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

1) The MPC8308 eSDHC was designed for MultiMedia Card System Specification, Version 4.0. That time eMMC had not been introduced yet. Also MPC8308 eSDHC support 1-bit and 4-bit MMC i/f but does not support 8-bit. However eMMC 4.x devices should be backward compatible to the MMC 4.0 and support 1-bit and 4-bit interfaces. I think you should ask eMMC producer for the compatibility

2) Unfortunately I could not find such schematics. Shortly the additional ECC memory should be connected to the MPC8308 in the same way as memory connected to MDQ[0:7], MDM[0], MDQS[0]. But instead of MDQ[], MDM[0], and MDQS[0] the ECC memory data pins should be connected to the MECC[0:7] MDM[8] MDQS[8].

3) In 16 bit mode you can leave MDQ[16:31], MDM[2:3] open; unused MDQS pin should be grounded with 150 Ohm resistor.

0 Kudos

r8070z
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Have a great day,

MPC8308 FCM does not support NAND flash synchronous interface. It supports NAND flash with parallel asynchronous interface and page size of 512 or 2048 bytes. So if synchronous NAND flash device supports asynchronous interface and has suitable page size then it may be used.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos