cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

parallel bus

ssssss
Contributor II

hi

i want to have 8 powerQUICC || pro processors connected with each other . there will be one master and others are slaves . i wonder if there could be any problem having a parallel bus , with eLBC ?

any body has any idea?

thanks

mohammad

0 Kudos
2 Replies

r8070z
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Have a great day,

The PQ2pro processors do not support master-slave connection/operations like PQ2 on 60x bus. The PQ2pro eLBC bus cannot be shared by several PQ2pro. But you may mean something else. How you are going to connect 8 powerQUICC || pro processors? What powerQUICC || pro interface you want to use to connect?

One can use PQ2pro PCI or PCIe or USB interface and corresponding PCI bridge or PCIe switch or USB hub in order to connect 8 PQ2pro.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

ssssss
Contributor II

thanks

my plan is this:

we have one master and others are slaves . so when master wants to speak with a slave it should inform that one ,so i place a decoder for 3 address lines and we will have 8 output signals . each of them would go to a slave's gpio and will be an interrupt. we will use elbc of master and gpio and elbc of slaves (gpio of slaves for having interrupts and elbc for interchanging data)

so what happens briefly is this :

master wants to speak with a a slave. it will have a read instruction , which address is the slaves address . (here i think we have to use relaxed read with some wait time in order to match timings). the slave gets an interrupt and puts data at it's pins,connected to shared bus.and finally master will read data  .

if it is needed i can tell more details.

thanks

mohammad

0 Kudos