cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does u-boot read dcd table?

eddiehuang
Contributor II

Hi there,

In U-boot of imx.51 I understand the start position of SD card booting is 0x400, and there's a command for cpu to jump to _start. However, all DCD entries reside between 0x400 and _start. So how does cpu come back and read these DCD entries to complete DDR controller configuration? Thanks.

3 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi eddie

iROM automatically seeks DCD data, based on boot settings,

boot flow similar to sect.7.6.2 Device Configuration Data (DCD) IMX53RM

Best regards

igor

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The boot ROM of the i.MX51 copies the whole block (2K / 4K) to internal memory

in order  to analyze it.   Please refer to Figure 1 (Secure Boot Flow from Device)

of the app note AN4547 (Secure Boot on i.MX25, i.MX35, and i.MX51

using HABv3)

http://cache.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/app_note/AN4547.pdf

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

eddiehuang
Contributor II

Appreciate that. I did this study for a while and I was assuming the memory controller will be set in lowlevel_init.S. Does it mean memory controller configurations are done before _reset? It looks dcd are done in the very first beginning!

0 Kudos