cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX SABRE Software for Camera Video Streaming

amassa
Contributor II

Hi,

I have a project where I need to capture video (and audio) via camera and transmits it (along with other data) to a remote PC via wireless. I am looking at the SABRE (Quad and SoloX) as well as WandBoard and Boundary Devices offerings. I'm interested in selecting a board that has the most complete software solution.

I would like to avoid Linux or Android, but realize I'm probably going to be forced down one of those paths...probably Linux. It doesn't look like the Freescale i.MX SDK has this type of software capability. Not sure if there is any bare metal offering from Freescale that might do this either.

Does anyone have any familiarity with an "off-the-shelf" solution for this?

Any one familiar with the support from any of the other companies making these boards?

Any help is very much appreciated.

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

amassa
Contributor II

Thanks for the reply.

I take it there are no "bare-metal" or SDK examples for video streaming -- only Linux and Android.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I am not aware of "bare-metal" examples for streaming.

~igor

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

HI Anthony

for streaming one can look at

ov5642-mx6qsdp-stream.pdf

Wireless Video Streaming based on i.MX6 Pico ITX Single Board Computer | iWave Systems's Blog

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------