any mbed example with KDS 3?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

any mbed example with KDS 3?

JonathanHess
Contributor III

Has anyone see a how to for any mbed example with KDS 3?

Labels (1)
5 Replies

DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Joanthan,

Are you referring to using the MBED debugger firmware on the Freedom board for debugging using KDS?

If yes, then you need to select the GDB OpenOCD Debugging target in the Debug Configurations... dialog box.

If no, I am unclear of your question and need more information.

Regards,

David

0 Kudos

JonathanHess
Contributor III

If I export blinky from mbed for KDS and import it.  The build fails with:

arm-none-eabi-objcopy -O binary mbed_blinky.elf mbed_blinky.bin

arm-none-eabi-objcopy: 'mbed_blinky.elf': No such file

0 Kudos

dave408
Senior Contributor II

Hi Jonathan, I've been curious about this in the past because I also started with mbed and then needed to make the transition over to KDS/KSDK.  Now that I'm working with KDS 3, I figured I've give your project a shot.  I exported LEDBlinky from mbed and then imported it into KDS.  So far so good.  But when I compiled, I got an error related to -nanolibc.  If I compiled again, I would get the same error as you.  I'm not sure why I wouldn't get the -nanolibc error again.

Anyhow, I removed that from my linker options, then did a clean and rebuild.  I get the following errors now:

c:/freescale/kds_3.0.0/toolchain/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.8.4/../../../../arm-none-eabi/lib/armv7e-m/softfp\libg.a(lib_a-abort.o): In function `abort':

abort.c:(.text.abort+0xa): undefined reference to `_exit'

c:/freescale/kds_3.0.0/toolchain/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.8.4/../../../../arm-none-eabi/lib/armv7e-m/softfp\libg.a(lib_a-signalr.o): In function `_kill_r':

signalr.c:(.text._kill_r+0xe): undefined reference to `_kill'

c:/freescale/kds_3.0.0/toolchain/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.8.4/../../../../arm-none-eabi/lib/armv7e-m/softfp\libg.a(lib_a-signalr.o): In function `_getpid_r':

signalr.c:(.text._getpid_r+0x0): undefined reference to `_getpid'

collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

I'm not sure how to fix these issues offhand, but I'm looking...

0 Kudos

DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jonathan,

I have not tried to export the MBED project to KDS.

I only have downloaded the binary that gets generated from MBED online IDE to run on Freedom boards.

I'll ask around to see if anyone has done what you are asking.

Regards,

David

0 Kudos

DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Updated:

Co-worker sent me this:

Yes, a few months back. One of the little known things is that the K64/K22 mbed code is actually built on top of the KSDK HAL, so you can use KSDK calls from mbed. Though it’s probably from KSDK 1.0, not sure if it’s been updated since the initial release.

http://www.element14.com/community/message/132856#132856

I haven't tried it but hope it works for you.

Regards,

David

0 Kudos