K64 based USB device using I2S Codec, reasonable?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

K64 based USB device using I2S Codec, reasonable?

Jump to solution
EdSutter
Senior Contributor II

I'm working on something that will eventually look like a USB-audio device

(multiple channels in and out).  I have a codec and AFE designed, now I need

to pick a microcontroller with I2S/I2C interfaces hooked to the codec, and then

have either Ethernet or USB as the backend connection to a host.

Ethernet is not a problem; however, I don't have much experience with USB

coding  (point being: I'm hoping the stack does most of the work for me).

Is the K64 a reasonable place to start for a project like this?

Any pointers regarding USB audio would be a help as well...

Thanks in advance,

Ed

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ed,

I think the K64 can meet all your requirements and it's brilliant to choose K64 to start.

SDK shares USB audio demos which integrates with the K64 and please go to download the most updated version through the link as below.

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=KINETIS-SDK&nodeId=0152101E8C1EF7&uc=...

Hope it helps.
Have a great day,
Ping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ed,

I think the K64 can meet all your requirements and it's brilliant to choose K64 to start.

SDK shares USB audio demos which integrates with the K64 and please go to download the most updated version through the link as below.

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=KINETIS-SDK&nodeId=0152101E8C1EF7&uc=...

Hope it helps.
Have a great day,
Ping

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
EdSutter
Senior Contributor II

Thanks, i'll give this a shot, and report my results...

0 Kudos