Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MQX 4.2.0: Where are the "Working Sets Definition"

Jump to solution
arnogir
Senior Contributor II

Hello

I used MQX 4.1.1 with KDS.

This is a long time that I installed MQX 4.1.

But to import MQX project in KDS I made following:

File / Import / Select MQX -> Import Working Sets

In the dialog Box, on "Select root directory" I select path:

C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_1\build\<twrk60n512>\kds

In this path, there are build_libs.wsd.

Now in the MQX 4.2, I have only the "make repository, not "IAR, Cw, kds..."

C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_2\build\<twrk60n512>

Have I missed something when I installed MQX 4.2?

(On installation wizard, I selected following component:

- Kinetis -> TWR_K60N512 , TWR_K60F120M, TWR_K70F120M

- Documentation

- Cloning wizard

Should I tick other option?

Thank to help me:smileyhappy:

0 Kudos
1 Solution
RadekS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

WSD file is xml file and it could be simply edited in any text editor. I would like to recommend for example Notepad++ with installed XML Tools plug-in – this allow decompress file to readable format (menu-Plugins-XML Tools-Pretty print (XML only – with line breaks))

I tested copy “all libraries wsd” file from MQX 4.1 to the same place in MQX 4.2 directory (in my case c:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_2\build\twrk40d100m\kds\build_libs.wsd). Since wsd file contains absolute paths and main directory order was not changed between 4.1.1 and 4.2, I was able load this wsd file and build all libraries in KDS3.0 similar way as in MQX 4.1.1.

I hope it helps you.

Have a great day,
RadekS

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RadekS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Arnaud,

Yes, this is one of new features in MQX4.2.

WSD files are now moved directly into example directories. So you can open for example wsd file at path: c:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_2\mqx\examples\flashx\build\cw10gcc\flashx_frdmk64f\flashx_frdmk64f.wsd

This wsd file will load only necessary libraries. In case of flashx it is only BSP and PSP.

For example wsd file in web_hvac_v2 directory will load BSP, PSP, MFS, RTCS, SHELL and USB Host libraries.

I hope it helps you.

Have a great day,
RadekS

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
arnogir
Senior Contributor II

Hi,

Ok!

But this is a problem for me.

I explain me.

Before, when I used KDS 2.0, I had my own project.

To compile needed MQX library, I open wds in C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_1\build\<Target>\<IDE>

Then this will add in my workspace MQX BSP, PSP etc...

Now, I want migrate my project from MQX 4.1 to MQX 4.2.

So I delete from my workspace the linked to the MQX PSP, BSP..

And I looking for a wsd which will add MQX 4.2 library project. I need all except USBhost.

So How create my own wsd file which will import automatically all my needed MQX library?

Can I get (copy/paste) from C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_1\build\<twrk60n512>\kds?

0 Kudos
RadekS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

WSD file is xml file and it could be simply edited in any text editor. I would like to recommend for example Notepad++ with installed XML Tools plug-in – this allow decompress file to readable format (menu-Plugins-XML Tools-Pretty print (XML only – with line breaks))

I tested copy “all libraries wsd” file from MQX 4.1 to the same place in MQX 4.2 directory (in my case c:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_2\build\twrk40d100m\kds\build_libs.wsd). Since wsd file contains absolute paths and main directory order was not changed between 4.1.1 and 4.2, I was able load this wsd file and build all libraries in KDS3.0 similar way as in MQX 4.1.1.

I hope it helps you.

Have a great day,
RadekS

0 Kudos