how to communicate imx6 with pic18f458 using can protocol

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to communicate imx6 with pic18f458 using can protocol

ponnusamy_v
Contributor I

I am doing project on CAN communication with IMX6 controller. I am a beginner in this area. How to interface IMX6 with PIC18F458? I need to know the initialization and configuration commands in linux to interface it with PIC18F458. Please guide me..

0 Kudos
4 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi ponnusamy

I think one can start checking microchip AN853,AN877 appnotes and

attached Linux Manual Chapter 32 FlexCAN Driver   L3.0.35_4.1.0_ER_SOURCE_BSP :

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ponnusamy_v
Contributor I

Hi sir,

we tried to debug the imx6 can protocol using CRO, that time we get the data from TXD pin of TJA1401A transceiver, but nothing happen in CANH and CANL pins. But STB and EN pins are working perfectly. we dont know why nothing happen in CANH and CANL?

These are the commands we are used in linux through minicom.

ip link set can0 type can bitrate 125000

ip link set can0 up

cansend can0 -i 0x2a8 11 22 33  

we have to finish our project quickly. help me

Thank you

0 Kudos

ponnusamy_v
Contributor I

Hi all,

Finally we get data from imx6. Our mistake is we didn't press wake up button in IMX6, when pressed that button we got data from can2(10pin) port.

After that we connect CANH and CANL with MCP2551 transceiver but we didn't receive any data.

MCP2551 is connected with PIC18f458, we used same baudrate 125kbps in both IMX6 and PIC18f458.

help anyone...

Thank you...

0 Kudos

ponnusamy_v
Contributor I

Screenshot-3.png

Refer these commands and reply sir.. Thank you again...

0 Kudos