AnsweredAssumed Answered

catch 22 with PE pwm components

Question asked by Dave Boyle on Mar 22, 2015
Latest reply on Mar 31, 2015 by Alice_Yang

I am building a 3-phase acim motor driver with a K64F using KDS 2.0.0 and Processor Expert. I need 6 pwm channels arranged as 3 complementary pairs with dead time insertion. The only PE component that provides interface for making those selections is the init_FTM. So okay fine I drop one into my project and configure it. Very nice. But now I don't have any methods for setting and changing the period and duty cycle which is kind of essential for smooth operation.

So I drop in a component that provides SetRatio methods like PWM or PWM_LDD and they auto-include a referenced component, a TimerUnit_LDD. Ooops. That component conflicts with the init_FTM and they can't live happily together. So I can either initialize my 6 channels, or I can control them, but I can't do both.

So maybe I can build one project with an initializer, then take the code and drop it into a second project that has the run time controls, or vice versa. But before I embark on yet another journey of a dozen red X's I'm posting this here. If anyone can save me from wasting more time on this I would be very grateful!

Outcomes