error debugging

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error debugging

tommasoallegri
Contributor I

Hello, I'm using CW under Windows 8.1, all service packages are updated but when i try to degug a program CW shows :"cannot start debugger engine". what can i do? (and i have the same problem even if i change board) thank you!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Tommaso,

I've already performed some tests (sample ones) with Windows 8.1 64 bit OS.

I've installed several tools:

CW for DSC V8.3

CW for HC12 V5.1

CW for PA V10.4

CW for MCU V10.6

I can run all these tools without problem.

The Windows 8.1 is running under VirtualBox.

The PC is installed with Win 7 64 bit OS.

If you've problem, please let me know the tool version used and where/how the problem occurs ?

Have a great day,
Pascal
Freescale Technical Support
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

CodeWarrior launches/uses DE.exe as debugger engine. Maybe you have multiple instances running (see Killing Me Softly: Zombies and Debugger Engines | MCU on Eclipse) or that DE.exe has been removed by your firewall/virus scanner?

Erich

0 Kudos

tommasoallegri
Contributor I

Thank you very much! I've checked and actually when CW starts there is no DE.exe running (even if the allowed by my firewall)... how i can fix the problem? do i need ti install again CW?

0 Kudos