Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

k20D50 clock output pin

Jump to solution
mjg8t
Contributor IV

Hi There,

I am trying to find the best resource on the MK20DN128VFM5 to output the fastest clock possible.

I do not see any direct "clkout" pins on this device?

I have found this thread that talks about using the flex_bus clk (this device does not have flexbus) and trace_out (this pin is not labeled in the datasheet).

https://community.freescale.com/message/318385#318385

Any ideas?

1 Solution
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello M J:

I just checked the manual and datasheet for K20_50MHz parts and it seems that the CLKOUT pin is not documented, sorry for this misunderstanding.

However it should be present as ALT5 of the pin PTC3. You can configure the SIM_SOPT2[CLKOUTSEL] field to select between different internal clocks.

Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Amit_Kumar1
Senior Contributor II

HI M J

As Jorge mentioned You can configure it for PTC3 if you want for RTC you can map the PTE0 for RTC_CLKOUT.

The following settings for SIM_SOPT2[CLKOUTSEL].

Capture.JPG.jpg

Hope It helps.

Regards

Amit

mjg8t
Contributor IV

Thank you for the feedback. 

Long live Kinetis (I hope). 

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello M J:

I just checked the manual and datasheet for K20_50MHz parts and it seems that the CLKOUT pin is not documented, sorry for this misunderstanding.

However it should be present as ALT5 of the pin PTC3. You can configure the SIM_SOPT2[CLKOUTSEL] field to select between different internal clocks.

Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!