cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

13213-SRB board power consumption measurement

FreeBee
Contributor I
Hi,

I am new to this forum. I am writing this message to seek your help on the power consumption measurement of 13213-SRB power save mode.

Appreciate if any one can tell the following setup is correct or not: Disconnect Vcc from V_BB and V_RF, 2XAA battery direct apply to V_BB and V_RF through current meter.

I read through the MC1321xEVKRM section 2.3, it tells in DOZE mode the typical current is 40uA; and in the MC1321xRM section 3, it gives lower current in modem hibernate mode and MCU stop 3 mode. Am I able to put the device into the combination of MCU stop 3 mode and modem hibernate mode so that to get the power consumption of about several uA? How to do it? Is it meaningful for actual application?

Thanks

Lin

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

FreeBee
Contributor I
Hi

I try to attach the 13213-SRB schematic here. I can get the low power mode current around 40uA with above mentioned setup, I guess it is with the modem in DOZE mode.

I have no idear how low can Zigbee current goes, just read from some article that the battery can last years. So take 40uA and 2XAA 1600mAH battery as example, the battery should be able to last about 4 years, am I right? Is the 13213-SRB able to get lower consumption current then 40uA? How to control it?

Thanks in advance for your comment

Lin

Message Edited by t.dowe on 2009-10-27 01:54 PM
0 Kudos

Mads
Contributor V
FreeBee,

I would say it is very hard to achieve the IC ratings on the development board, just by enabling the low power mode.

the SRB board comes with USB controllers, Accelerometer, LED's etc.

you must make sure you are not leaking any current out of the GPIO pins.

The best possible configuration a GPIO pin can have is output and ZERO written to it.
So you must configure all GPIO pins to match your own hardware, and if you are using the SRB,
you probably need to remove some of the component that makes the leaking happening.

BR,
Mads

0 Kudos