”Byte-Lane Shift configuration” of boot"NOR Flash Boot using FlexBus Interface"/MVF61NN151CMK5

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

”Byte-Lane Shift configuration” of boot"NOR Flash Boot using FlexBus Interface"/MVF61NN151CMK5

soichiyamamoto
Contributor V

Hi,

My customer use ”NOR Flash Boot using FlexBus Interface" for Boot.

My customer use MVF61NN151CMK5.

Q1.)

Can you configure "Byte-Lane Shift" about "NOR Flash Boot using FlexBus Interface". ?

When I can configure it, Please tell me the procedure of the configuration.

Q2.)

When I cannot configure it, In Not shifted(Data is left-aligned on FB_AD)  and Shifted. (Data is right-aligned on FB_AD), which is right?

Best regards,

soichi

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

naoumgitnik
Senior Contributor V

Dear Soichi,

A1.

Below is the logic I am applying to your use case based on the Reference Manual information:

• The interface type used to communicate with NOR Flash is FlexBus.
  • The FlexBus Interface has a "Byte-Lane Shift" feature controlled by the BLS bit.

I am sorry but I am having difficulties understanding why you are questioning if you can do that. Is there anything that I am missing?

When your code is already running on Vybrid, you may configure this bit.

A2.

I guess we have to look at the default value of the BLS bit, and it is “0 - Not shifted. Data is left-aligned on FB_AD.”

Best regards, Naoum Gitnik.

soichiyamamoto
Contributor V

Dear Naoum,

Thank you.

I am sorry but I am having difficulties understanding why you are questioning if you can do that. Is there anything that I am missing?

No,

Sorry, I would like to confirm just in case...

Will the “Byte-Lane Shift” be not to configure it in “VyBrid Boot program”?

Best Regards,

soichi

0 Kudos

timesyssupport
Senior Contributor II

Hello Soichi,

Can you please provide a more clear explanation as to what hardware you are using? Is this design based off of the Vybrid Tower Module?

Can you also confirm you are referring to U-boot and Byte-lane shift?

Is NOR Flash connected on FlexBus interface?

The U-boot we are currently providing for Vybrid Tower does not modify or set any bits regarding byte-lane shift, or FlexBus, so default configuration is likely OK.

Regards,

Timesys Support

naoumgitnik
Senior Contributor V

Dear Soichi,

I guess you are asking about the u-Boot code of the Freescale Tower module - if it modifies the “Byte-Lane Shift” settings from their default values . Unfortunately, as a hardware support engineer, I am not familiar with all the software details.

Dear timesyssupport,

May you comment here, please?

Best regards and thanks in advance, Naoum Gitnik.

0 Kudos

karina_valencia
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

timesyssupport  are you available to check this case and add your comments?

0 Kudos

karina_valencia
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

Timesys Support  do you have an update?

0 Kudos