KDS Breakpoint attribute problem

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KDS Breakpoint attribute problem

johnbaker
Contributor IV

What has been a minor issue is now starting to become a major pain for us.  When setting breakpoints, sometimes we get a warning (see attached snapshot) saying the their are multiple markers at this line, which is false.  This then terminates the debug session and will not work again until we clear the breakpoint.  Sometimes even after going to the breakpoint menu and removing 'ALL' breakpoints KDS thinks that there are still breakpoints set somewhere and we cannot start a debug session.  We have to find the location in the code where KDS 'thinks' that there is a breakpoint, set one there then remove it.  We can then continue on and start a debug session.

John Baker

AVG

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi John,

what connection/board are you using? P&E Multilink or Segger J-Link or something different?

And: could you share the gdb logs (from the Console View), maybe this gives an indication what is going wrong?

Erich

0 Kudos

johnbaker
Contributor IV

Hi Erich,

I tried to reproduce the problem and cannot at the moment. It happens on both OpenSDA with the USB port and the P&E Multilink. The next time it happens I will try to document it more and send it.

Thanks,

John

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi John,

what I have found is a bug in GDB with non-existing-code-breakpoints, see

Failed to Debug with GDB: Breakpoints or Expressions on non-existing Locations | MCU on Eclipse

I have submitted a bug report to the maintainers of the GNU ARM Embedded (launchpad) tools.

Erich

0 Kudos

johnbaker
Contributor IV

Thank you Erich!

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

In addition, can you check the gdb console and use the 'info breakpoint' command which shows the current breakpoints known to gdb:

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos