cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FXTH8700 service pack

riccardocescato
Contributor I

Hi,

I need to install the FXTH8700 service pack for CodeWarrior 10.5.

When I install the downloaded pack following the guide an error occurs:

"Missing requirement: MCU v10.5 S08 Service Pack for HCS08 FXTH870000 1.0.3 (com.freescale.mcu10_5.HCS08_FXTH870000.win.sp.feature.group 1.0.3) requires 'com.freescale.mcu10_5.HCS08.FXTH87xx00.win.sp [1.0.0,20.0.0.RT5]' but it could not be found"

What does it means?

I can't find this packet and also I saw there are two updates in the site:

FXTH87 Tire Pressure Monitor Sensor Family|Freescale

but the second one is not available!

I think I need this patch but I can't download it.

Can someone help me?

Thanks.

Riccardo

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
29 Replies

marcogern
Contributor I

A call at Freescale support yesterday afternoon helped. They sent me the missing service pack already via e-Mail and I was able to finish my Code Warrior installation.

The web page for downloading the service pack is still not available.

0 Kudos

trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Marco,

Now the 2 patches are available on the CodeWarrior for MCU 10.5 Updates|Freescale

CodeWarrior for MCU v10.5 S08 Service Pack for FXTH87xx00

FREESCALEzip 33971.0.0Download
CW MCU v10.5 FXTH87 Service Pack 
Adds support for FXTH87xx00 Tire Pressure Monitoring System
FREESCALEzip 1461.0.3Download

The V1.0.3 requires the V1.0.0 to be installed.

We're in touch with the Product Manager to clarify the situation

Have a great day,
Pascal Irrle

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

PBH
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Pascal,

These links appear to be broken, can you direct me to where the two patches are available for download?

Many thanks,

Pete

0 Kudos

trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Peter,

You're right the links are not working anymore and the patches can not be loaded at this time.

I've contacted the webmaster.

Attached you will find them.

Have a great day,
Pascal
Freescale Technical Support
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

bank
Contributor I

Hi Pascal

I have been trying to install CodeWarrior for a project based on FXTH870911, found codewarrior, "CodeWarrior for Microcontrollers (RS08HC(S)08-ColdFire V1) v6.3.exe" and installed it. Can you please let me know if I need to install any further update or patches to start sources for the TMPS-FXTH870911 module?

Also I dont find any sample projects for the module. Can you share any sample projects for the module.

Your immediate response will be highly appreciated and will helpful for my critical deadline in my project.

thanks Karthik

carthik.mov@gmail.com;

0 Kudos

trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Karthik,

CW for MCU V6.3 is very old.

This version is based on classic IDE and was released end of 2009.

The new version MCU V10.x is based on Eclipse.

The MCU v10.5 as the MCU V10.6 (released Q1-Q2 2014) were not supporting these devices.

On MCU V10.5 the patches above were required and the Update1.0.0 on MCU V10.6 included the FXTH devices.

I recommend you to switch to MCU V10.6.

Have a great day,

Pascal

0 Kudos

bank
Contributor I

hi pascal,

I tried myself and can able to build and initiate a debug session for few

build configurations. thanks for your help.

I will come back to you, for any more help, if in case i got stuck up.

I came to know that you are providing a really good support to all the

users whenever they put their help/questions, keep up your good work.

thanks Karthik

0 Kudos

trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Karthik,

thanks for your feedback.

Pascal

0 Kudos

bank
Contributor I

hi pascal,

I want to communicate my TPMS sensor with an industry standard tool. But, when, I executed the sample code on my TPMS, (I hope you are aware of the 2 sample projects given by freescale, with LF and without LF), in both cases I am not able to communicate to the 3rd party TPMS tool (like MAXITPMS TS601),

How can you help me please?

Is there any specific LF radio settings and RF radio settings to be configured for a given CAR model?

thanks Karthik

0 Kudos

minkodaskalov
Contributor I

Hi Karthik

Could you refer me to those 2 sample projects that you have found? A link maybe? Or the .rar files themselves.
It would help me greatly! Cheers and good luck to you as well.

Regards
Minko

0 Kudos

trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Karthik,

I'm not the right guy for this question and probably not to the right community team.

I recommend you to create a new post for this question in the Sensors

Have a great day,
Pascal

0 Kudos

bank
Contributor I

hi pascal

thanks for your timely help.

I have installed 10.6 and installed the patch for TPMS,

Now, I want to compile/build a sample project for FXTH870911 TPMS module.

You have any sample project for this module?

Also can you help me out with the required steps to build/compile any

sample project?

thanks karthik

On Tue, Feb 3, 2015 at 2:19 AM, Pascal Irrle <admin@community.freescale.com>

0 Kudos

minkodaskalov
Contributor I

Hi Pascal

I am a student at Glasgow Uni, working on a TPMS project and we have chosen the FXTH87 chip for our design.
I have followed through the comments thread and installed CodeWarrior 10.6 with the Service Package you recommend here.
I also manage to build the project and look at the code and I see the binary files. Nevertheless, I cannot run and debug it - whichever simulator I choose I get the same error.Problem FXTH87xx Run demo code.png

Do you have any idea of what my problem might be and how I can get past it?

Kind Regards
Minko

0 Kudos

trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Minko,

These patches were valid for MCU V10.5 but not for MCU V10.6.

The FXTH87xx00 devices were included in the MCU V10.6 Update1.0.0.

The Update3.0.0 was released 2 weeks ago.

By default when you launch Eclipse, a dialog should propose you to install the update.

May be you did it already.

The project wizard will propose you the FXTH device - see below

pastedImage_0.png

Have a great day,
Pascal

0 Kudos

minkodaskalov
Contributor I

Hi Pascal

I got a bit confused with all the explanation above.
I have the 10.6 and I installed the packages that have been for the 10.5 as you say.

What should I do now? I don't know which update I have on CW and I don't really know where to see that either.

From what you say above does the 1.0.0 Update have the support or not? And the 3.0.0 Update has it as well? Where can I find those?

Could you guide me to through the process of fixing my 10.6 CW version or should I reinstall it and which one should that be so that the FXTH87 family works?

Thanks for the support!
Minko

0 Kudos

trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Minko,

do you have access to the FXTH family under project Wizard dialog ?

To access you must click on File + New + Bareboard ...

To know if you've installed or not an update, go to installation folder \CW_MCU_v10.6\MCU

Some release notes are available.

This will give you information regarding the update installed.

pastedImage_0.png

Have a great day,
Pascal

0 Kudos

minkodaskalov
Contributor I

Hi Pascal

So I have just installed the new Update 3.0.0. By the way could the service packs that I installed previously cause the problem now?

If I create a new project as you suggest, I can find the FXTH87 Family and I can run for example the full chip simulator that does execute in the console but nothing happens becase the main is basically empty?
I tried running the demo project and it still gives me an error every time, why is that? The same one with whatever simulator I try. And I was thinking to use that one to make my project.

Cheers
Minko

0 Kudos

trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, Minko,

Most of the time the projects created with the wizard are always empty or just include a "printf console" for instance depending of the architecture.

This project must be used to:

- start a new project/application,

- test board connection.

I don't know what is the demo project you're using.

Have a great day,
Pascal

0 Kudos

minkodaskalov
Contributor I

Hi Pascal

Thanks for the help. I have updated to 3.0.0 and I have run through creating a new project about the chip. The full chip simulator runs now I can debug although as you say the project code does not have much to it. Am I to presume that the project has things set up so that I can just start collecting instrumentation data and transferring it over the RF link?

My idea was to use the demo project in the supporting docs on the website. I wanted to modify it a bit to do my application since the other project is rather bare.
But as mention I do have the error popping up with it. The project is: FXTH87xx11_StarterProject_CW10 .

Kind Regards
Minko

0 Kudos

trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Minko,

I've downloaded the project.

I've imported it under my MCU V10.6 .

By default the project includes the abs file and other object code files.

If you build the project you will get an error:

Description    Resource    Path    Location    Type

mingw32-make: *** No rule to make target `C:/Users/R11515.FSL/Documents/SASD_Projects/Suzuka7/Enablement/Starter Projects/FXTH87xx11_Starter_Project_CW10/Project_Headers/../Sources/Interrupts.c', needed by `Sources/Interrupts_c.obj'.  Stop.    FXTH87xx11_Starter_Project_CW10             C/C++ Problem

As you can see it's a reference of an absolute path.

the right way to solve the problem is to:

- clean all -> Project + Clean

- Build.

now the project is built without problem.

Pascla

0 Kudos