cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ipcfg_bind_dhcp Issue

leepenn
Contributor III

Hi all,

I have a project that when I go to try release environment, instead of debug, the DHCP takes up to 5 minutes to do a bind. If I leave BSPCFG_ENABLE_IODEBUG 1, or place a breakpoint in ipcfg_bind_dhcp it gets the ip through DHCP in a single try. I have tried adding a delay and that did not help. Other notes of interest I am using MQX 4.02, CW IDE 10.5, and a K60D100 processor.

Thanks,

Lee

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

Luis_Garabo
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Lee,

Do you have the same behavior with the example codes?

Have you tried to disable the code optimization in CW?

Best Regards,

Garabo

0 Kudos

leepenn
Contributor III

Garabo,

Thanks for the reply. I have tried turning off optimization and still get same issue. I am using a modified Web_havc example, where the changes are the BSP for pinout differences. I also modified the code for the ability to have the info from the loop sent to the LCD. It looks like after the ipcfg_bind_dhcp command is issued it loops trying the  ipcfg_poll_dhcp due to a busy. I am going to try and dig into the ipcfg_bind_dhcp and see if I can see more.

The one thing that seems to stand out to me is any interaction from the debug hardware makes the DHCP work first try.

Thanks,

Lee

0 Kudos

DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Lee,

Did you apply the MQX4.0.2.1 and MQX4.0.2.2 patches?

What router are you connected too?

Regards,

David

0 Kudos

leepenn
Contributor III

David,

I had not applied those patches, I am connected to a Cisco 2940 switch. I did get myself up and running with a work around by reducing the _RTCS_dhcp_term_timeout and disabling the DHCP_SEND_PROBE. Now I usually connect in 30 seconds and less than 100 tries of ipcfg_poll_dhcp. Did those patches have updates for the RTCS?

0 Kudos

DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The MQX4.0.2.2 patch has this mentioned which could be your issue:

3.2 ENGR00279275

This issue relates to setting the PSH flag in all packets, which causes TCP connection problem on some routers and firewalls.

Resolution

The PSH flag is not set together with the SYN flag for TCP packets.

0 Kudos