VDD_ANA_PLL gets disabled when leaving Boundary Scan EXTEST state

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VDD_ANA_PLL gets disabled when leaving Boundary Scan EXTEST state

rob1
Contributor I

We have a board using an i.MX536 with LTC3589-1 PMIC, for which we are developing boundary scan tests.  The JTAG_MOD pin is high, and we are able to communicate with the device, taking it via SAMPLE into EXTEST where we can run all of our tests without problems.

However, when the testing stops the device enters a state where it is no longer possible to communicate with it via JTAG.

The problem appears to be related to the internal VDD_ANA_PLL regulator getting disabled, which is also connected to NVCC_CKIH and NVCC_RESET.  The VDD_REG supply remains stable at the point when VDD_ANA_PLL turns off, but this change in VDD_ANA_PLL then disables a number of the other rails.

The disabling of VDD_ANA_PLL appears to occur at the point when the device leaves EXTEST.  Leaving EXTEST by selecting a different instruction, transitioning the TAP state machine through to test-logic-reset or asserting nTRST all appear to have the same effect.

We can't find any explanation why this might be happening, because power-cycling the board resolves the problem, so what might be temporarily disabling VDD_ANA_PLL?  Furthermore, how can we stop it happening or at least recover from the situation without needing to power cycle the board?

Thanks,

Rob

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Looks like the issue relates to erratum ERR007080 (LDO: On-chip LDO regulators
may not enable or have a delayed output on power up). Please try to

provide the recommended workaround :

“Users must ensure that the NVCC_RESET supply is powered externally (not from the i.MX53 LDO

VDD_ANA_PLL supply output) after VCC is stable and before other I/O supplies (NVCC_xxx) are

powered up.”

http://cache.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/errata/IMX53CE.pdf

0 Kudos