Did you mean: 

MMA8451Q Embedded Transient Detection & Motion Detection

Jump to solution
pavelblisnets
Contributor I

MMA8451Q Embedded Transient Detection & Motion Detection

Hello, Friends!

In the AN4071 and AN4070 Example configuration 0.063g

Per count.  How to increase of sensitivity for embedded functions?

Another question: How to eliminate static (gravity) acceleration for embedded Motion Detection?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Pavel,

The threshold resolution for both motion and transient detection functions is 0.0625g/LSB regardless of the selected dynamic range, there is no way to increase it.

The motion detection function does not use the high-pass filter, either motion/ tilt or freefall can be detected using this embedded function. The transient detection function has the option of behaving in the same manner as the motion detection function when the HPF_BYP bit in the Transient_CFG register (0x1D) is set. Otherwise the high-pass filter is enabled and only dynamic motions above the configured threshold are detected.

I hope it helps.

Regards,

Tomas

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Pavel,

The threshold resolution for both motion and transient detection functions is 0.0625g/LSB regardless of the selected dynamic range, there is no way to increase it.

The motion detection function does not use the high-pass filter, either motion/ tilt or freefall can be detected using this embedded function. The transient detection function has the option of behaving in the same manner as the motion detection function when the HPF_BYP bit in the Transient_CFG register (0x1D) is set. Otherwise the high-pass filter is enabled and only dynamic motions above the configured threshold are detected.

I hope it helps.

Regards,

Tomas

0 Kudos