Troubles with codewarrior 5.1 giving error 2801 when using a freescale define in a macro?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Troubles with codewarrior 5.1 giving error 2801 when using a freescale define in a macro?

electropw
Contributor III

Has anyone had troubles with codewarrior 5.1 giving error 2801 when using a freescale define in a macro?

Including header file "mc9s12A64.h".

Using its #define for "PORTA_BIT3" which defines "_PORTAB.Overlap_STR.PORTASTR.Bits.BIT3"

I created macros to turn the bit ON or OFF as follows

#define LED_ON  (_PORTA_BIT3 = 1)

#define LED_OFF (_PORTA_BIT3 = 0)

Using this creates the error C2801.

If I change the macros to

#define  LED_ON   (PORTA = PORTA |  PORTA_BIT3_MASK)

#define  LED_OFF  (PORTA = PORTA & ~PORTA_BIT3_MASK)

where the header file defines PORTA to be "_PORTAB.Overlap_STR.PORTASTR.Byte", it compiles correctly.

The same problem occurs if you want to test a port pin

#define READ_BIT1  (PORTA_BIT1 == 1)  // error

but

#define READ_BIT1 ((PORTA & PORTA_BIT1_MASK) == 1)  // ok

The only difference between the 2 methods is the last few chars in the defines. Either ".Bits.BIT3" or ".Byte".

I assume that either method would produce the same code but the first method is nicer and easier to do.

Anyone got any ideas or solutions???

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
5 Replies

Monica
Senior Contributor III

Hello Phillip,

any breakthrough with your project? Please keep us posted :smileywink:

Best,

Monica,

0 Kudos

electropw
Contributor III

Thanks everyone.

Sorry it's taken me a while to come back to you, but had to get some other work out.

Unfortunately I have gotten no further other than to say the problem must be in my project somewhere.

I created a new project to show the issue but as Zhang-Jennie found it didn't show.

I tried setting up all my compiler options to match and it made no difference.

So I'll have to let it rest for now until I find the problem. When I do I'll let you know what it was.

Thanks again

Phil

Lundin
Senior Contributor IV

Ensure that you haven't set the compiler to compile as strict C standard. The CW register headers use various non-standard and poorly-defined bit field features that a standard compiler will get problems compiling.

0 Kudos

electropw
Contributor III

Thanks.

No not set to strict C

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I just tested your code on my side with CW5.1 i didn't see any error come out. can you please upload your demo project here so that we can check it directly? thanks!

0 Kudos