Contributor I
Hello all.

I am having a heck of a time getting input capture to work on a
Freescale M5213EVB using CW for CF SE V6.4. I have followed all
directions. The code to initialize the input capture was actually
generated by CfInit by MicroAPL, but I have double and triple
checked all settings against the 5213 reference manual to make
sure they are correct. Not only am I not able to trigger an
interrupt, the input capture flag and register is not being set.
I am pulsing GPT0 which is pin 58 on the 100lqfp part with a 10us
pulse, and I verified right on the pin that the pulse is arriving.
I have been able to set up a PIT interrupt at 10mS which is working
fine, and some IRQ interrupts tied to switches on the 5213EVB
which are also working fine. I have also verified in the dubugger
that all registers are set correctly in memory.
the following code shows what I am doing:

This is the setup for input capture:

Code:
voidmcf5213_incap0_init(void){    /*          GPT Channel 0 configured for Input Capture            Capture on rising edge       GPT Channel 1 configured as GPIO input       GPT Channel 2 configured as GPIO input       GPT Channel 3 configured as GPIO input       GPT Timer clock = 40.00 MHz                The following GPT interrupt sources are enabled:           Channel 0                Fast clearing of interrupts disabled    */    MCF_GPTA_GPTIOS = 0;    MCF_GPTA_GPTOC3M = 0;    MCF_GPTA_GPTSCR1 = MCF_GPTA_GPTSCR1_GPTEN;    MCF_GPTA_GPTTOV = 0;    MCF_GPTA_GPTCTL1 = MCF_GPTA_GPTCTL1_OUTPUT3_NOTHING |                      MCF_GPTA_GPTCTL1_OUTPUT2_NOTHING |                      MCF_GPTA_GPTCTL1_OUTPUT1_NOTHING |                      MCF_GPTA_GPTCTL1_OUTPUT0_NOTHING;    MCF_GPTA_GPTCTL2 = MCF_GPTA_GPTCTL2_INPUT3_DISABLED |                      MCF_GPTA_GPTCTL2_INPUT2_DISABLED |                      MCF_GPTA_GPTCTL2_INPUT1_DISABLED |                      MCF_GPTA_GPTCTL2_INPUT0_RISING;    MCF_GPTA_GPTSCR2 = MCF_GPTA_GPTSCR2_PR_4;    MCF_GPTA_GPTPACTL = 0;    MCF_GPTA_GPTDDR = 0;    MCF_GPTA_GPTC0 = 0;    MCF_GPTA_GPTC1 = 0;    MCF_GPTA_GPTC2 = 0;    MCF_GPTA_GPTC3 = 0;    MCF_GPTA_GPTFLG1 = 0x0f;    MCF_GPTA_GPTIE = MCF_GPTA_GPTIE_CI0;}

The following is in vectors.s:

Code:
    .extern _IRQ_INCAP0                    vector108:    .long    _IRQ_INCAP0                

The following is at the begining of main():

Code:
    // set the interrupt level IL and the interrupt priority IP    MCF_INTC_ICR55 = MCF_INTC_ICR_IL(7) | MCF_INTC_ICR_IP(6);        //PIT    MCF_INTC_ICR44 = MCF_INTC_ICR_IL(7) | MCF_INTC_ICR_IP(7);        //input capture    // Unmask 55 = PIT0 interrupt source    MCF_INTC_IMRL &= ~(MCF_INTC_IMRL_MASKALL);    MCF_INTC_IMRH &= ~(MCF_INTC_IMRH_INT_MASK55);            //PIT    MCF_INTC_IMRH &= ~(MCF_INTC_IMRH_INT_MASK44);            //input capture    asm( move.w   #0x2000,   sr ); // enable all priority levels

And this is my interrupt routine:
Code:
__declspec(interrupt)void IRQ_INCAP0( void ){    incap_val = MCF_GPTA_GPTC0;    MCF_GPTA_GPTFLG1 |= MCF_GPTA_GPTFLG1_CF0;    MCF_GPIO_PORTTC &= ~2;    }

I have also attached a pack and go file for the project in case anyone wants
to look at it. Any help would be appreciated, as I am pulling my hair out on
this one.

Regards,
Neil.  

--
Alban Edit: Code formatted

Message Edited by Alban on 2007-07-19 03:17 PM
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

SimonMarsden_de
Contributor II
Hi Neil

Did you remember to configure the Port TA pin assignment register for its primary (GPT) functions rather than GPIO? Without this, the signal will not be routed from the external pin to the GPT module.

The code you need is:

MCF_GPIO_PTAPAR = MCF_GPIO_PTAPAR_PTAPAR3(0x1) |
                      MCF_GPIO_PTAPAR_PTAPAR2(0x1) |
                      MCF_GPIO_PTAPAR_PTAPAR1(0x1) |
                      MCF_GPIO_PTAPAR_PTAPAR0(0x1);

CFInit includes a dialog for configuring pin assignments.

Hope this helps

Simon
0 Kudos

Neilp
Contributor I
Thanks Simon, your a lifesaver. Its working fine now. I guess I missed that section in the manual.

Regards,
Neil.

0 Kudos