rampsr

Kinetis MKL05Z dies after trying to implement STOP mode

Discussion created by rampsr on Apr 22, 2013
Latest reply on Nov 19, 2013 by Thomas Dowad

Trying to program a STOP mode on the MKL05Z microcontroller using codewarrior 10.3. When I try to send the processor into stop mode, my MKL05Z no longer functions and seems bricked. In other words, the board no longer programs or is detected by the Universal PE multilink. I use the 3V, GND, SWD_DIO, SWD_CLK, and SWD_RESET pins to program my board. Works great until I started to write code to go into stop mode.

I wrote the following command:

Cpu_SetOperationMode(DOM_STOP, NULL, NULL);

I have done this with two microcontrollers now and am about to solder on another one to start testing.

I'm not using the Freedom boards. I have my own circuit designed and am starting the prototype phase as well as firmware. I've eliminated all components except a 3V linear regulator, a couple caps, and the processor. Still becomes dead after setting into Stopmode.

I am using some processor expert commands, but where greater efficiency is needed have avoided using processor expert. Especially when pinouts and their functions are remapped depending on what voltage divider value I read from a pair of resistors which are read at startup.

I've switched from the HC08 family to the kinetis family on my designs and going through a new learning curve. Hopefully I am just doing something wrong and someone can tell me the correct way to put the processor into a stop mode. I should also note that I am not using an OS other than my own roundrobin.

Outcomes