Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BitInit 2.2 and MAC Address production programming

Jump to solution
patrickmcneil
Contributor II

Hi,

I'm wondering if the source for BitInit 2.2 is available? This seems to be written in .NET and I would like to integrate the code into my production programming/testing software, which is also written in C#.

I've been trying to integrate by just running from C# using Process() - but when I try to redirect I/O, BitInit throws an exception:

Unhandled Exception: System.InvalidOperationException: Cannot see if a key has been pressed when either application does not have a console or when console input has been redirected from a file. Try Console.In.Peek.

at System.Console.get_KeyAvailable()

at BitInit.Program.Main(String[] args)

Since I can't redirect I/O - I have no way of programatically telling whether the program was successful. Also, the ExitCode is often 0 even when the program has failed - for example, when there is a timeout. I'd also like to ensure that I only program one board at a time, even if two are connected, because I'm doing MAC addresses.

I know the mfg-tool source is available, but this is in C, so the BitInit source would be easier to integrate.

Also, I've seen a lot of posts saying that mfg-tool is a good way to program MAC addresses into the OTP fuses - but I don't understand how. I can get mfg-tool to program the fuses easily enough - but how do I get it to automatically increment the MAC address and recreate the otpinit.sb file after every program - and especially, how can this be done when we are programming up to 16 boards simultaneously? Is this functionality available, or do I need to implement it separately?

Right now - I'm thinking of doing mass gang programming of 16 at a time for the large firmware files using mfg-tool, and then program MAC addresses / test one at a time using our internal production software.

Thanks,

-Patrick

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
AlejandroSierra
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The document under Documents/V2/ mentions how to program a fuse with MFG tool. However, there are not implementations to fuse MAC addresses automatically.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
patrickmcneil
Contributor II

Hi,

Looking into the mfgtool source changelog - I see:

"

RELEASE_STMFGTOOL_1.6.2.046

Add a new feature: burn unique data to each device

"

But: Where is this functionality documented? I can't find a single example of using mfgtool to burn the OTP bits... esp. for burning unique data to each device.

-Patrick

0 Kudos
AlejandroSierra
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The document under Documents/V2/ mentions how to program a fuse with MFG tool. However, there are not implementations to fuse MAC addresses automatically.

0 Kudos