cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MC9s08GT60 , Power Consumption , Beacon network

Michele
Contributor I

Hi,
i'm studying power consumption on MC9s08GT60 ZigBee sensor.
Network: - a Device, battey alimented wich need optimization consumtion
         - a coordinator
i have 2 question.

- i have to realize a beaconed network with low power consumtion. i just realize "this" network without beacon( only indirect trasmission with device  in STOP3+HIBERNATE...)
Freescale Support  just send me a project where the device go in DeepSleep, and, when it wakes up, it do a poll request and synchronize itself with coordinator' beacon. But with this confuguration the device need to do a trasmission ( Transmitter on -->27 mA !!!), and i don't want this. i'd like the device , when go in PD mode, don't lose synchronism with coordinator and continue traks beacon frame.
is it possible? maybe with WAIT+Hibernate or WAIT+Doze? ( the problem is that the code don't work correctly, if i use PWR_CheckForAndEnterNewPowerState(Sleep,xxxxx), but only with PWR_CheckForAndEnterNewPowerState(DeepSleep,xxxxx)  )

- AN EXPERT ADVICE : do you think beaconed Network can be a good solution for optimization of power consumtion or do you think indirect transmission is better? STOP3 is real better then WAIT, in particular if the devices should have to stay in PD for long time.

i don't have 1 a particular scenario, but device always wakes up because of a timer. ( periodically transmission)

REQUEST SERVICE: 1-368556610

Message Edited by t.dowe on 2009-09-22 11:35 AM
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Michele
Contributor I
problem of code gived to me SOLVED...thank, my mistake.

i can use PWR_CheckForAndEnterNewPowerState(Sleep, time) now;

( i have yet a little problem with timesleep, but it go in that state )

0 Kudos

Michele
Contributor I
no no no... no no no... device enter but DON'T STAY in sleep state...

i need a psycanalist... ... ...
0 Kudos