building application

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

building application

MuhammadOmarFar
Contributor I

hey, i have a task to write a helo world program at I.MX 53 quick start board with linux operating system using eclipse SDK. i am a student and doing my internship. can any one guide me ? or tell me any document which tells the procedure step by step.

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

MuhammadOmarFar
Contributor I

actually i want to install eclipse on my host computer and then cross compile and execute binary on target platform ( IMX 53).

for this i need to install ltib first on my host computer. i read the documentation of IMX 53. i am having problem in installing ltib on host computer . when i try to configure ltib it says that some packages are missing 

0 Kudos

YS
Contributor IV

Because I don't think there is easy "step-by-step" instruction available for what you want to do.

Why do you want to use eclipse from the beginning? Eclipse is big system, generally not suited to run on embedded target like iMX53 QSB. If you just want to run simple program like "hello world", it will take more than x100 times of effort just to run Eclipse on iMX53QSB than just comple "hello" on it.

If your professor said to do so, it is your challenge to find out how to run Eclipse on embedded system like iMX53 QSB. Take the challenge and good luck. There is no ready-made answer for it.

0 Kudos

MuhammadOmarFar
Contributor I

i am saying that how to setup linux on this platform and then how to install eclipse SDK .

0 Kudos

YS
Contributor IV

gcc -g -o hello hello.c

0 Kudos

BrilliantovKiri
Senior Contributor I
#include int main(int argc, char *argv[]) { printf("Hello from iMX53"); return 0; }
0 Kudos