cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imx28 BSP source code

FedericoSantann
Contributor I

Hi, All

I'm  currently working with imx28evk and all works fine.

Now i'm developing my application specific board based on imx28. I'm looking for bsp files to modify UART's pins configuration but i haven't found them.

Where i can find those files? Someone can help me?

Thanks,

Best Regards

Federico Santanni.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
10 Replies

FedericoSantann
Contributor I

Resolved.

Thanks to all.

Federico

0 Kudos

FedericoSantann
Contributor I

Ok, i've read the pdf  file (thanks Simon) and i'm appling the patches (thanks Yuji).

I don't know if i do it in the right way: i've added alle the patches to rppm/BUILD/patches folder and i've updated localversion file (in the same folder). After that if i launch ./ltib nothings happens so i've launched ltib with --m distclean param and after i've launched ltib. Is it correct?

Thanks to all again, i really appreciate your help.

This is first time i use imx processors so there are a lot of things i have to learn.

Federico

0 Kudos

YS
Contributor IV

Federico,

Freescale uploaded patches for BSP iMX28-SDK-2010.12.

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=IMX28_SW

Linux patches for i.MX28 SDK 2010.12

In this patches, 0577 is especially important if you want to use all UART ports on iMX28.

/dev/ttySP4 (UART4) does not work without this patch because of resource description mistake.

0 Kudos

spearson
Contributor III

Take a look at the i.MX_Linux_BSP_RM.pdf file for a good introduction into the Machine Specific Layer (MSL).

0 Kudos

FedericoSantann
Contributor I

Hi,

ok, i've found what i looking for.

I've supposed to search for these configurations in files in opt/freescale folder.

Thanks to all for help.

Federico

0 Kudos

DennyvanLeersum
Contributor II

Hi,

I think you are looking for the mx28evk_pins.c file in the arch/arm/mach-mx28 dir. Here you can set what pin function should be enabled for each pin in the mx28evk_fixed_pins array.

It is probably best if you make an implementation for your own board based on this file.

Regards,

Denny

0 Kudos

FedericoSantann
Contributor I

Hi,

i've found in /home/federico/imx28/ltib/rpm/BUILD/linux/arch/arm/configs/  imx28evk_defconfig file. Here i see that i can enable or disable the UART. So i have to modify this file?

But if i want to configure AUART4 as RX/TX or i want to to set the correct pins,where i can find these info?

In /home/federico/imx28/ltib/rpm/BUILD/linux/arch/arm/mach-mx28/regs-pinctrl.h i 've found the pin configuration for UART but it seem that this file "is created by xml file" (as is written inside). I have to modify some other file before to build ltib to set my hw configuration?

Thanks,

Federico

0 Kudos

Rodrigue
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

ok, no problem, then in this case please go to the kernel code:

linux/arm/configs/ to get inspired from the evk board.

Then, keep in mind that all 5 UARTs are not available all at the same time. AUART0_CTS/RTS cannot be configured with AUART4_RX/TX.

When selected in your config files, the IOMUX will be automatically correctly selected when compiling.

Check arch/arm/mach-mx28/serial.c

0 Kudos

FedericoSantann
Contributor I

Hi Rodrigue,

thanks for your reply.

I've alredy downloaded L2.6.35_10.12.01_SDK_source_bundle.tar.gz. It's my fault, i've not specified that i've alredy rebuild all for the evk board.

The problem is that in my own board i want to use all UART (not only the 4 configured in evk board), but in the source code i have some difficult to find the files where to configure pins for UART (and to enable all the UART).

BR

Federico

0 Kudos

Rodrigue
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
0 Kudos