Need help in testing SRB boards

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help in testing SRB boards

Wiroon
Contributor I

As a newbie, I have just received 1321XNSK-BDM and eager to get into it by testing the SRB board as per AN3230. Prior to testing the boards, I have installed

·        all drivers for USB and differentiate each  COM port correctly. NCB detected SRB1 and SRB2 while both SRB count $0-F with LED1 as LSB.

·        Test Tool, SMAC4.1C, 802.15.4 EVK1.063

?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:smileysurprised:ffice:smileysurprised:ffice" /> 

1.      According to AN3230, I can not get LED3 to flash on board two(Accelerometer Board) after press SW1 which means Application two(Accelerometer mode) will not run. TRIAX also did not recognize the correct COM port I feed which means I can not do all testing. The Accelerometer Demo supposed to be flashed into the SRB from factory. I haven’t come across the way to check what is in the flash. How do I remedy the situation?

2.      Many excellent demos are bytes over the limit of CW SE, how can I obtain an evaluation license for CW to meet the full purpose of demos.

3.      BeeKit Software Suite did not come with 1321XNSK-BDM, I can download the copy but what about the 90-day evaluation license.

Looking forward to your great escape.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

AJP
Contributor I
I  also have the same problem.The SRB boards work fine with the preprogrammed binary counting application and I used that to do some range testing,  but the accelerometer demo doesn't work at all  Maybe the NSK documentation is out of date?  I suspect more has to be done than just press Reset and then Switch #1 Maybe theNCB board has to get involved as well. 
 I also couldn't get the TRIAX application to connect with the board even though my Windows device manager shows that the Com port has been assigned properly.    I wonder... maybe the default Com Port settings have to be changedl? Like the baud-rate and such?

Message Edited by AJP on 2007-09-12 09:02 PM

Message Edited by AJP on 2007-09-12 09:15 PM
0 Kudos

AJP
Contributor I
I'm determined to try and reload the Acelerometer demo onto my Network starter kit because it doesn't appear to be working at all.
FRom the AN3232  document I see I will need the file:Acceleremeter V3.mcp, however this file is not anywhere on my installation nor is it on any of the included CDs. Has anybody at all gotten the demos to work..At this time I am a bit disappointedin the evaluation hardware/documentation. My customer has requestedZigBee for his product but I'd like to talk him out of it.
Thanks
0 Kudos

hyyk
Contributor I
I am also new to this but I think I got a little bit further so let see if this help.  I think the documents came with the NSK is out of date but here's what I did to get the accelerometer app half working:
1) Install BeeKit and all the drivers needed for the NCB and SRB.
2) Prepare programming of the SRB and NCB following the instruction in the AN3232
3) Instead of using the mcp file, go to the directory with "Triax Embedded Images"
4) In the directory you will find a bunch of s19 files and you can load the corresponding s19 image to the NCB and SRB with the bootloader.exe in the directory.

With the image loaded, you should be able to use some of the application described in the app notes.  The problem is that I am having trouble using the PC app (Triax) with the NCB.  It is having trouble establishing handshake.  I'd also like to find the mcp file as I would like to build and evaluate additional applications on top of the default accelerometer apps.  I haven't been able to find the solution and this tread seems to have gone cold.
0 Kudos

hyyk
Contributor I
Ok... appearently the mcp file needed is generated from the BeeKit software.  I think the s19 images I refered to previously may have configured the UART to go through the RS232 instead of the USB.  Everything works once I generated the mcp file to go through the USB and reprogrammed the NCB.
0 Kudos

AJP
Contributor I
I'm really struggling with the documentation that Freescale provides... It is well written hovever, it doesn't match the hardware in a lot of instances.I'd love to get this evaluation kitworking and then I'd rewrite the documentation to update the issues.
I have the Network Starter Kit and I'd love to get the Accelerometer demo to work as advertised. I have followed the instructions to the letter and the results simply do not follow as described.My assumption is that the demo has not been loaded on the kit's boards sos I hope to reload it.
I have read document #AN3232 "Accelerometer Demonstration with the 13213-SRB (Sensor Reference Board)" Per Section 6.1...."Ssetting up the boards for programming".It mentions "Insert the ZigBee Ready Platform Technical Documentation CD" , however there isn't any such CD!!!!!
It later refers to a file Accelerometer V3.mcp and I've searched every CD that came with the kit and no such file exists.
I'd love to get this kit working and then I'd do all the work of updating the documentation for Freescale.

Anybody else solve these problems?` The documentation also refers to  a software named Test Tool , however no such application has been installed. I have BeeKit and Code Warrior and atriax only.

Message Edited by AJP on 2007-09-20 06:25 PM

Message Edited by AJP on 2007-09-20 06:28 PM
0 Kudos

ZigBeeficator
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Hello,

The BeeKit software tools that you can download on Freescale's website is not tied to any license, as long as you only develop SMAC-based or 15.4MAC-based applications.

However, it does not replace CodeWarrior IDE when it is to flash the devices (for that you still need a CW license).

Hope it helps,

0 Kudos