MC9S12A64 - FLASH PROGRAMMING

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MC9S12A64 - FLASH PROGRAMMING

Bill
Contributor I
I am trying to erase, and program the Flash in a MC9S12A64. I have written code in C to erase, and program, the Flash. I transfer the code from Flash to RAM before executing it, and I am having problems erasing and programming portions of the Flash (specifically C000 - C100 and FF00 - FFFF). I have a P&E BDM Interface cable and when I execute my program I can verify that targeted areas of Flash have been erased except for the previosly mentioned areas. What is really peculiar is that the areas are 256 bytes each which isn't even an erase sector (512) bytes. The rest of the sector is erased and reprogrammed without problems. I have verified that the Flash is unprotected and unsecured by checking the FPROT and FSEC registers. Is there any chance CodeWarrior protects these areas when the BDM is active or is adding code to protect these areas? I have tried running the system without the BDM connected and it still fails, but I am unable to view the memory. Any ideas????
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

lak
Contributor I
Hi Bill,
I am facing the exact problem which you have reported.
Mine is a MC9S12xDP512 , where I cannot re-program any of the first 256 locations in all pages except the page FD (address:0x4000 - non paged flash area) and page FF(address:0x4000 - non paged flash area - which is programmed by the BDM).

were you able to resolve it?.If so, please let me know. I didn't see any replies for this post 

with regards,
Lak 
0 Kudos