Newbie needs help getting started

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie needs help getting started

superfly
Contributor I
I am looking for information on getting started in all this jazz. I have no experience in micro controlleres or really anything hardware related. I am advanced in traditional windows and web based software but nothing in anything hardware related. This is for whoever is interested. What i'd like is some info on starting up a project where I light up one diode which is controlled by a Windows app via a keyboard storke. Of course all the stuff in between is where I need the information. I've read up on HC08's all other info but really have no idea where and what too look for.

Links to Starter kits and books in the project described would be extremely helpful.

Thanks!

Message Edited by NLFSJ on 2006-12-27 11:37 PM

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

mauricio2346
Contributor II
Hi again

if you want to control led blinking with your keyboard i know how but you have to use mc68hc908gp32.

in this moment i can send with the keyboard some orders to microcontroller trought serial port and show the results into a lcd and move a stepper motor or run a sequence.
the soft that i use to the comunication is hyper terminal (every pc with windows has it)
if you want to get the libraries (i think that the comments are in spanish) please send me a private mail, and i will sent to you.

good luck.
0 Kudos

mauricio2346
Contributor II
hi!!!

i'm newbie too and if you want to get started in hc08 microcontrollers, i recommend the mc68hc908jk1. its only 20 pins, cheap, easy to erase and reprogram.

if you want you can download from this same site the datasheet of this. in the monitor rom section or development support you can find some schematics of the external circuitry to program.

i have used this for 3 years and i'm sure that will help you.

the software is codewarrior (hc08 studio) you can download from this site too. the languaje is c or c++, and you can find some tutorials right here or in internet.

if you want to use something higher, you could choose other families, or try with mc68hc908gp32. is very similar to jk1, but it has some extra modules.

Good luck
pd (sorry, i'm not speak english usually, i'm colombian :smileyhappy:)
0 Kudos

thm59
Contributor II
Hello,

Two good links :

See "MC68HC908GP32 Teaching Book" available on this page :
http://ns.ulatina.ac.cr/~adrespca/arquimicro/arquimicro.htm

An exemple of GP32 board with some basic explanation of Code Warrior (sorry, in French)
http://www.jelectronique.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=54

thierry
0 Kudos