Real world makefile and linker script examples for 5282 needed

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Real world makefile and linker script examples for 5282 needed

mccPaul
Contributor I
Does anyone have sample makefile/linker scripts for source targetting the 5282Lite (or similar)?

I'm not a good makefile writer and the time it is taking to learn the intricacies is more than the time spent coding at the moment!

The type of project I would like a makefile for has source files in sub-directories of the project. Objects are built in another directory (or directory tree). Object directories are automatically created when they don't exist. The toolchain is standard GNU (make, cc, as, ld, etc).

I need a linker script that will link all of this together into a bin that can be flashed to external flash.

My executables are of the boot loader/no OS variety.

Any suggestions gratefully received, two days reading GNU docs and Googling hasn't got me very far!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

Nathan
Contributor I
If you get any, mind passing them my way? I've been going blind reading the GNU ld online help, and don't seem to be making any progress. I can't even get a simple program with four lines to link for my 5235.

Nathan
0 Kudos

mccPaul
Contributor I
Hi Nathan,

I'll happily pass on anything I find, in fact, once I have a working hello world app that will relocate from flash to SDRAM I'll let you know.

Paul.
0 Kudos

krishnan
Contributor I
Hello Paul

I have started off trying to use Eclipse IDE based on the link u had posted earlier...

There is a PDF available online , written by one James Lynch who has shown how to integrate Eclipse & GNU-ARM. I have found an automatic makefile & linker script generator for ARM Processors on Sourceforge.net.

Unfortunately, i havent got any for Coldfire.. As such, i'm struck where you too are. :smileysad:

Kindly let me know if you find an answer for the linker scripts and makes files as well

regards

Krish
0 Kudos

pnordby
Contributor I
Better late than never... You might find some related answers in this thread.

Cheers,
Petter
0 Kudos