unsecure ROM problem for QB8 controller

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unsecure ROM problem for QB8 controller

rahulb
Contributor I
Hi, I am using MC68HC908QB8 controller for my project. I have a PE Mono08 multilink USB interface (RevD) for programming the target. I am using Code warrior Development studio ver 5.7.0 for compiling and linking.

I tried to connect the Target using this tool, I get an pop-up asking to Erase and Program the flash. When I click 'OK', the window which shows that the 'Erasure of secure device done'. But an error message is shown which says that the '68HC08 device responded properly, but ROM secure'. I have attached the error message for reference.

Can you suggest how to unsecure the ROM? Is there any utility for this? Earlier I used MC9s12C32 controlIer where I faced a similar problem. But I found an 'Unsecure utility' which helped me sort out this issue. Is there any utlity for HC08 family also?

Please let me know.

Thanks and Regards,
Rahul Bhaskarwar. 
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Nabla69
Contributor V
Hi Rahul,

On the connection window of the USB Multilink, try the key 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 and post the result please. You should see, with the connection window which step is failing.
It tries to enter Monitor Mode, what the MCU needs to do to talk with any debugger. This is done by applying a high voltage (typically Vdd+0.5V) on IRQ pin. Do check that both Reset and IRQ pins levels are corrects when trying to enter MON08.

On HC08 a mass erase is enough to unsecure a device as the erased state is the unsecure state.

On S12 the erased state means the device is secure, that's why it needs an unsecure routine.

Both security are fundamentally different and cannot be compared.

Cheers,
Alvin.
0 Kudos